If we talking about an oasis of delicious Thai food, then I have to think of a Floating market around Bangkok. For anyone who wants a good time with family or friends finding tasty food at a reasonable price. Follow us with these 7 floating markets around Bangkok, the best place to find the most delicious and classic Thai style food.
1. Taling Chan Floating Market
Taling Chan floating market Located in the heart of the capital city that is still natural. And the way of life of the villagers along the banks of the canal Surrounded by orchards, vegetable and fruit gardens.
This floating market still has a folk atmosphere. And delicious traditional local food, Also, it is far from pollution, with a raft boat to sit and taste delicious food.
- Address: 300 Soi Chak Phra 17, Khwaeng Khlong Chak Phra, Khet Taling Chan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10170, Thailand
- Timings: 8 AM – 6 PM (Sat-Sun)
2. Khlong Lat Mayom
Khlong Lat Mayom floating market is a genuine floating market. Simple atmosphere It is a way of life for villagers along the canal. There are items for sale along the river. There are 5 zones, with a variety of goods sold in each market. This diversity makes the Khlong Lat Mayom floating market is bustling.
- Address: 15 30/1 Bang Ramat Rd, Bang Ramat, Taling Chan, Bangkok 10170, Thailand
- Timings: 7 AM – 5 PM (Sat-Sun)
3. Kwan Riam Floating Market
The highlight of this place aside from being reminiscent of the Rattanakosin era. You also get the atmosphere of Thai culture such as offering food to monks by boat every Saturday - Sunday, listening to dharma and watching Thai games along the canal.
- Address: Situated between Soi Ramkhamhaeng 187 and Soi Saereethai 60 and is at a distance of 30 kilometers from Bangkok
- Timings: 7 AM – 6 PM (Sat-Sun)
4. Amphawa Floating Market
Situated about 50 kilometers away from Bangkok, this is the first evening floating market. With the charm of houses on both banks that are still very original. Making it popular with tourists from all over the world. The atmosphere is very reminiscent of the classic past.
- Address: Amphawa District of Samut Songkhram Province
- Timings: 2-8 PM (Fri-Sun)
5. Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
Over a hundred years old market it is another famous tourist attraction of Ratchaburi province (about 80 kilometers from Bangkok). Today, there is still a picture of a floating market that is full of cargo boats. The vendor wears a palm-leaf hat. It makes this place attractive to the eyes of tourists.
- Address: 9 Tambon Damnoen Saduak, Amphoe Damnoen Saduak, Chang Wat Ratchaburi 70130, Thailand
- Timings: 7 AM – 4 PM (Everyday)
6. Bang Nam Pheung
Bang Nam Pheung is another great floating market near Bangkok. Here, you can find various products of the people in the community sold out to tourists Including various fruits from the garden, food, and rare local snacks And handicrafts Handmade items.
- Address: Bua Bueng Phatthana, Bang Kobua, Phra Pradaeng District, Samut Prakan 10130, Thailand
- Timings: 8:30 AM – 5 PM (Sat-Sun)
7. Koh Kret Island Floating Market
This is an artificial island located close to Bangkok and was established by digging a canal 300 years ago. There are many tourist attractions. Whether temples, small and cheap pottery shops to the pottery museum, and some fresh produce.
mai111 / Shutterstock.com
- Address: Nonthaburi, which is about 12 km from the centre of Bangkok
- Timings: 6AM – 6PM (Weekends)